#AM3291 Software System Engineer
Pay rate $70.00 + duration 1yr+
Location: Lexington MA
MUST BE US CITIZEN
Must be able to acquire a Secret Clearance in a reasonable amount of time.
Job Title: Software System Engineer
Will perform all aspects of implementing reliable flight software, which includes design, documentation, programming, configuration control, debugging and testing. Software applications can include real-time hardware control, MIL-STD-1553B and custom aerospace avionics interfaces, telemetry data acquisition and handling, interrupt based task scheduling and autonomous operations.
Responsibilities involve working closely with a small team to develop the controls and software specifications and test parameters, coding and completely testing the software while maintaining configuration control throughout the design and test cycle.
MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 5 years of experience in real-time control
applications, or BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 10 years experience in demanding
real-time control software development, preferably for a space-based or aerospace application
• C or C++ programming language in a hard’ real-time environment using an RTOS such as VxWorks
• Ability to demonstrate good communication and organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong Java knowledge demonstrated in a professional environment
• Familiarity with application of electronics components for aerospace electronics design
• Knowledge of control devices such as motors, angle encoders, tachometers and gyros
• FPGA programming experience
• Use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, frequency response analyzers, and logic analyzers
• Experience using Matlab/Simulink and Real-Time Workshop tools for modeling and control design.